Are You Using Micro-Influencers for Your Online Marketing Efforts?
If you’re familiar with influencer marketing, you’ve probably heard of micro-influencers.
Micro-influencers do not have millions of followers like their top-tier counterparts. Instead, their influence is focused on a specific niche, and they have a follower base of around 1,000-100,000 individuals.
But their impact is significant enough to make a difference in your brand’s performance – whether it’s in engagement, conversions, or reach.
How Micro-Influencers Impact Brand Performance
The big question now is how exactly micro-influencers can impact your performance. Take a look at some of the ways in which you can benefit from working with this type of influencers:
- Establish trust – Micro-influencers are trusted authority figures in their respective niches. Any recommendations or opinions coming from them are held in high regard by their follower base. A study funded by Experticity found that 82% of consumers are highly likely to trust, and follow a micro-influencer’s recommendation. Having these trusted, influential individuals communicate your marketing message can help you win the trust of your target audience.
- Boost your engagement – As mentioned earlier, micro-influencers specialize in a specific niche, and create content relevant to that niche. Their followers are comprised of people who are interested in that niche as well, which means their followers are highly likely to engage with the niche-specific content these influencers produce. When a micro-influencer creates sponsored content promoting your products or services, there’s a huge chance their audience will engage with that content. This means that you should expect a surge in your engagement rates when you partner with a micro-influencer.
- Boost your conversions – If your products or services are relevant to an audience, there’s a huge possibility that they will want to make a purchase. And when a relevant micro-influencer promotes your products or services, they can help you reach consumers who are very likely to be interested in what you have to sell. As a result, you can experience an increase in conversions and sales. In some cases, micro-influencers have helped drive a remarkable 300% increase in sales.
Best Practices for Working with Micro-Influencers
If you’re launching a campaign with micro-influencers, be sure to follow these best practices for optimal results:
- Your first priority should be on the relevance of the influencer to your business.
- You should focus more on an influencer’s ability to engage their audience, rather than the number of followers they have.
- Try to look for influencers with the same values as your brand.
These basic, yet important tips should help you get started with your influencer marketing campaign.
Guide to Using Micro-Influencers – Gifographic
To find out more about working with this type of influencers, check out the gifographic micro-influencers guide below.
See Also: How to Leverage Gifographics to Grab Attention Online and Make a Bigger Impact