With the unprecedented expansion of the World Wide Web, the way business was done has gone through a complete overhaul. Companies and businesses have since gained direct access to a virtually limitless consumer base across the world.
And with the internet having emerged as the most robust platform to conduct business, establishing a new business has become a whole lot easier. You now don’t need to physically set up shop. And this has in turn paved the way for new business ventures and start-ups springing up everywhere, with the start-ups capitalizing on global internet penetration to create jobs, serve customers better, and grow their businesses.
Gradually, start-ups have witnessed exponential growth, and there is a swarm of new business firms making a mark in the world. With the mushrooming of start-ups today, a big question startups have is, “How can we excite customers and leave an indelible imprint on their psyche, so that they remember our business and become loyal customers and our brand advocates?”
There may be countless ways of exciting and leaving a lasting, positive impression on your customers’ mind, but one of the most potent ways is handing out low-cost promotional products to customers—low-cost because start-ups tend to be operating on a limited marketing budget. In a way, this strategy amounts to ‘advertising through promotional products.’
Reasons to Create Excitement for Your Business with Promotions
Using promotional items to hype your start-up is an excellent idea. The reasons for this are embedded in the very roots of the human nature, while other reasons have to do with marketing and promotion.
Let’s see what the reasons are:
- Everybody likes receiving a gift - It’s only human to cherish receiving a gift. Therefore, being the recipients of small business promotional items, customers are likely to associate your start-up with the received gift and thus remember you for a long time to come.
- Engage your target audience - The response of customers to giveaways is usually positive as well as quick. Therefore, handing out giveaways is likely to engage your target audience with a newly formed company with new ideas.
- Affordable advertising - Handing out promotional gifts is a kind of advertising and brand recall. If you choose to give away affordable promotional items, it won’t burn a hole in your pocket; at least not as much as the same level of advertising would cost in print or online.
- Brand Recognition - Items imprinted with your business name or logo will prove to be highly conducive to the recognition of your brand. Most of the recipients will be able to easily recognise your brand after receiving its promotional items.
- Positive impression - If you choose to hand out useful items to your customers as promotional gifts, the longer they stay with the customer, the happier he will be. This will ultimately encourage a positive association with your company. This way, the positive impression of your brand will improve.
- Brand visibility; Entice potential customers - Every time the recipient uses your product, it gets promoted, which increases the chances of your brand being seen by prospective consumers.
As for the question regarding what are the best promotional products to hand out as gifts to customers, well, there are plenty.
Best Promotional Items Ideas for Building Hype for Your Business
Here’re top ideas for promotional items to build hype and excitement for your business or startup:
1. Clothing Items
T-Shirts happen to be one of the most effective promotional items because when the recipient wears it, they act as a moving billboard for your brand. They’ll be promoting your business wherever they go. Also, consider other branded wearables, like caps, hoodies, and wrist bands.
2. Stationery Items
The most commonly handed out promotional gifts happen to be stationery items, pens being the most common. A pen is, arguably, the king of promotional giveaways. And the amusing part about handing out a pen as a giveaway is that even if the original recipient loses it, it is sure to get into the hands of another user, meaning you get across to another potential customer.
3. Tote Bags
Branded bags are amongst the most frequently ordered printed items for handing out at events and promotion drives. Tote bags are the ‘always-in-demand’ promotional item you can’t go wrong with. Choose recyclable cotton tote bags to help cut down the use of plastic bags and protect the environment.
4. Customized drinkware
Custom drinkware like tritan plastic water bottles, and mugs are promotional product ideas that never get stagnant. People love them because they are an essential feature for an active lifestyle. Design fresh styles that show off your logo and brand personality. Also consider tumblers.
5. Tech accessories
Logo'd computer accessories and electronics accessories, like screen cleaners, mouse pads, cord pouches, and imprinted protective laptop covers and stickers are also great options that can help keep their attention on your brand.
Other items that can be customized include calendars, key rings, fidget spinners, and magnets. The choice is wide.
The takeaway that can be drawn here is that buying promotional products that are inexpensive, useful, and thoughtful can take your start-up places. Make sure the items you choose convey a positive message that consumers can relate with. It is also important to strike the right balance between the quantity, quality, and practicality of the promotional items.
The right quantity will ensure you reach out to more consumers. Good quality will ensure your brand image does not get tarnished, and practicality ensures usefulness of the items. All this helps to keep your brand top of mind whenever potential customers and leads use the items.