Sometimes life throws a hard punch and sends us reeling backwards stunned. During such times we can lose our enthusiasm and motivation in life, which is why we all need a bit of inspiration every now and again to help us believe in ourselves and in all that is possible.
Maybe your business isn’t going too well or your personal relationships have hit a rough stretch. It’s easy to lose faith and give up on yourself and on others when that happens. But, that’s not really the solution to what you're going through.
The best (though not easy) way to handle such a situation is to take it like a fighter and throw one right back at it! No matter how bad things get, believe that everything will work out for good in the end.
That's how you fight back—with courage and optimism. You are a champion. As Muhammad Ali would say, "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
Never give up on yourself.
It's never over until its over. You can rise again. The only time you lose is when you refuse to get back up on your feet after you fall or when you're knocked down.
Human beings have an amazing resilience built within that you will know when you are pushed to the corner. Tap into this inner power within you to bounce back stronger than ever, even if you've taken the hardest hit.
Below are some powerful, inspiring quotes to uplift you when you are down or in low spirits. Enjoy!
1. “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it's enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
2. "If you’re going through hell, keep going." ― Winston Churchill
3. "If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward." ― Martin Luther King Jr.
4. "Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ― Thomas A. Edison
5. " Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure." ― George Edward Woodberry
6. "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic." ― Anonymous
7. "If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative." ― Woody Allen
8. “Haters don’t really hate you, they hate themselves; because you’re a reflection of what they wish to be.” ― Yaira N
9. "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." ― David Brinkley
10. "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." ― Helen Keller
11. "You’re not going to enjoy every minute of the journey, but the success you’ll find at the end will make it all worth it. I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’" ― Muhammad Ali
12. "The more we do, the more we can do." ― William Hazlitt
13. "Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit." ― E.E. Cummings
14. "It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures." ― Oprah Winfrey
15. "Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong." ― Peter T. McIntyre
16. "The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable." ― Paul Tillich
17. "Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love." ― Brené Brown
18. "To anyone that ever told you you're no good ... They're no better." ― Hayley Williams
19. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ― Eleanor Roosevelt
20. "You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." ― Buddha
21. "Wouldn't it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy?” ― Alan Cohen
22. "Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ― Christopher Robin
23. "Tension is who you think you should be, relaxation is who you are." ― Chinese proverb
24. "Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do." ― Dr. Benjamin Spock
25. "You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can't have it." ― Dr. Robert Anthony
26. "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves." ― Sir Edmund Hillary
27. "If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think." ― T. Harv Eker
28. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I'm not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” ― C. JoyBell C.
29. "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." ― Vincent van Gogh
30. "I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want." ― Muhammad Ali
31. "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." ― Helen Keller
32. "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." ― Oscar Wilde
33. "As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live." ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
See Also: 10 Best Quotes from Ann Handley’s ‘Everybody Writes’