Now that the New Year is here with us, it's time to kick into gear and get things rolling in style.
Here are energizing quotes to get you fired up about 2016, in the right mood for success and sufficiently motivated to reach all your goals this year. Enjoy.
1. “And now we welcome the New Year. Full of things that have never been.”
—Rainer Maria Rilke
2. "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."
3. "If you genuinely want something, don't wait for it--teach yourself to be impatient."
4. “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous New Year by believing. Believe in yourself. And believe that there is a loving Source - a Sower of Dreams - just waiting to be asked to help you make your dreams come true."
—Sarah Ban Breathnach
5. "Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending."
6. "Nature is infinitely creative. It is always producing the possibility of new beginnings."
7. "Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you'll start to see a big difference in your life."
8. "Dates that come around every year help us measure progress in our lives. One annual event, New Year's Day, is a time of reflection and resolution.”
—Joseph B. Wirthlin
9. "Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities.
—William Throsby Bridges
10. "If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do, eventually you will be paid to do more than you do."
11. "I'm just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life, trying to stay that way. I think that's the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective."
12. "I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something."
13. "Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is."
14. "Every contrivance of man, every tool, every instrument, every utensil, every article designed for use, of each and every kind, evolved from a very simple beginning."
15. "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."
16. "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
—Francis of Assisi
17. "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
18. "You cry and you scream and you stomp your feet and you shout. You say, 'You know what? I'm giving up, I don't care.' And then you go to bed and you wake up and it's a brand new day, and you pick yourself back up again."
19. "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
20. "Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: A meaningful friend - or a meaningful day."
21. "Let our New Year's resolution be this: We will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word."
22. "Good seasons start with good beginnings."
23. "From the end spring new beginnings."
—Pliny the Elder
24. "It's time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I'd much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure."
25. "Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."
You might also like
Spotlight book of the month
by Hugh MacLeod
Ever wonder what it really takes to make a living as a creative person in today's complicated world?
MacLeod presents some witty keys for creative success, including "ignore everybody. Why should you "ignore everybody"?
Because, he writes, nobody else can tell you whether your idea is worthwhile. People can give you advice, but at the end of the day, it's your decision. The more original an idea, the less helpful the advice is going to be.
Have something to say about this article? Share it with us in the comments section below.