James Gladwell shows you EXACTLY how to do keyword research to find profitable keywords using the Google Adwords keyword tool.
Here's an overview of Gladwell's method:
1) Go to the Google Keyword Tool here: https://adwords.google.com/select/Key...
2) Type in your main 'seed' keyword (this is the area you want to go into and a keyword or phrase that you think people in your market are searching for).
3) Set your search parameters using the Advanced Options that appear under the main search box. Set them to search for key phrases that get a minimum of 1500 and a maximum of around 8000 (for beginners).
4) Click Search!
5) Refine the search by checking the 'Phrase' match results rather than the 'Broad' or 'Exact' match.
6) Then start to look at the amount of competition that there is within Google by clicking on the keyword and then setting the search (in Google) to be for phrase match results by adding the speech marks to the search term.
7) Look for a keyword that has between 10,000 and 35,000 competing web pages as a phrase match. Once you've found one, you're good to go!
You might also like
Spotlight book of the month
by Hugh MacLeod
Ever wonder what it really takes to make a living as a creative person in today's complicated world?
MacLeod presents some witty keys for creative success, including "ignore everybody. Why should you "ignore everybody"?
Because, he writes, nobody else can tell you whether your idea is worthwhile. People can give you advice, but at the end of the day, it's your decision. The more original an idea, the less helpful the advice is going to be.
Have something to say about this article? Share it with us in the comments section below.