These top websites and blogs (in no particular order) provide outstanding service to writers. TWWS loves and recommends them to our readers. Visit the sites to get quality service and education.
1. Writer's Digest – Premier resource for writers that celebrates the writing life and what it means to be a writer in today's publishing environment.
2. The Practicing Writer – Erika Dreifus provides resources, advice and instruction for writers seeking to develop their craft and locate opportunities for publication and professional development.
3. Daily Writing Tips – Daily tips on grammar, punctuation, spelling and fiction writing.
4. Freelance Folder – Community for freelancers, entrepreneurs, work-at-home business owners and web-workers that brings you the articles, information and community you need to succeed.
5. Goins Writer – Blog by Jeff Goins about writing, marketing, creative business ideas and making a difference in the world that helps people fall back in love with writing.
6. Writing Career – Valuable information on career training, career education and career change for writers.
7. CopyBlogger – Content marketing, online publishing and copywriting advice from the editorial team at CopyBlogger Media.
8. Romance University – Group blog dedicated to helping romance writers establish and advance their careers. Worth a look for any writer, not just fiction writers.
9. Absolute Write – Covers freelance writing, screenwriting, play writing, non-fiction, novels and technical/specialty writing.
10. World Wide Freelance – Discover how to become a freelance writer and build a freelance writing business and also access a rich database of markets for writers.
11. Inkwell Editorial – Authority site on how to start a freelance writing career.
12. Men With Pens – James Chartrand's blog offers striking web design services and persuasive copywriting education that brings you results.
13. Word Play – Blog by fiction writer K.M. Weiland, "helping writers become authors."
14. Writing Student – Learn how to write professional academic papers, dissertations and thesis papers.
15. Poets & Writers – Information, support and guidance for creative writers since 1970. Find writing contests, grants for writers, news, small presses and much more.
16. Jane Friedman – Media professor and speaker Jane Friedman explores what it means to be a writer in the digital age.
17. Funds for Writers – Offers four newsletters for your writing needs as well as grants, contests, markets, jobs and calls for submissions.
18. The Contented Blog – Celebrated writer, poet and web content strategist Rachel McAlpine together with Alice Hearnshaw offer lessons in web content development and international business English.
19. Writing.com – Wonderful online community for writers at all skill levels that offers writing tools and email services for creation and inspiration and the opportunity to interact with other writers.
20. How to Copyright It – Learn how to copyright your writing and almost any other creative work.
21. Wow! Women on Writing – Free ezine “Promoting the communication between women writers, authors, editors, agents, publishers and readers.”
22. The Creative Penn – Joanna Penn delivers information and inspiration about writing, publishing options and more to help you write, publish and market your book.
23. Confident Writing – Joanna Young helps writers looking for encouragement take their writing to the next level.
24. Urban Muse – Susan Johnston blogs on a wide range of topics that all writers are bound to enjoy.
25. The Renegade Writer – Diana Burell and Linda Formichelli, authors of the popular book by the same name, motivate and inspire freelance journalists to succeed.
26. The Freelance Home Writer – Freelance writer Willow Sidhe delivers high value freelance writing jobs, content sites reviews, writing tips, tricks and more to help freelance writers succeed.
27. StoryFix – Get value novel writing, screenwriting and storytelling tips and fundamentals at StoryFix.
28. Write to Done – Leo Babauta delivers a steady stream of unmissable articles on writing and blogging for all writers on his blog.
29. Make a Living Writing – Award-winning freelance writer Carol Tice offers top-notch education on how to write better, freelance and make a living doing both.
30. Remarkable Communication – Sonia Simone's excellent blog with writing, marketing and selling sections will help any writer succeed.
Spotlight book of the month
by Daymond John
If you are a fan of great stories about how entrepreneurs have risen from humble beginnings to start successful businesses from scratch, The Power of Broke is a must read.
Shark Tank star and Fubu Founder, Daymond John embodies this in true form through his origin story and inspiring rise to fame narrated within The Power of Broke.
This motivating business book will give you a boost, and help you scrape, hustle and dream your way to the top.
Have something to say about this article? Share it with us in the comments section below.